Harbor emphasizes "solution-focused" treatment through individual, family, and group counseling. Whether someone seeks help individually, with a spouse or parent, as an entire family, or in a group setting, the professional staff at Harbor can be of great assistance.
Adult Clinical Therapy services:
- Client-Needs Assessment
- Linkage to Resources in the Community
- Individual Counseling
- Group Counseling for a variety of issues, including domestic violence and self-esteem
- Medication Management
- Psychological Testing
- Mental Health issues complicated by substance abuse
These services cover the entire spectrum of possible mental health issues, from mild anxiety or depression to severe and persistent mental illnesses.
Career Connections Division provides vocational services to area businesses and job seekers.
For businesses, we can:
- Assist injured employees in their transition back to work.
- Answer questions about ADA-related issues.
- Identify tax credits for which your job applicants might qualify.
- Identify financial incentives for on-the-job-training.
- Provide job support and retention services.
For job seekers, we can:
- Assist people to improve the quality of their lives by helping them obtain and maintain employment that suits their skills and interests.
- Identify your skills, interests, and potential job matches.
- Instruct you and give you practice completing applications.
- Help you develop resumes and write cover letters.
- Identify alternative job-search techniques and resources.
- Help you practice for job interviews, and give advice on answering difficult questions.
- Offer job leads and assistance obtaining interviews.
- Allow you to “try out” a job for a specified amount of time to see if it is a good match for you and the employer.