The staff at Harbor considers it an honor to work in a field that has helped so many people feel better about themselves and improve their quality of life.
The Harbor team considers itself very fortunate because:
We have a team of dedicated, compassionate professionals that have chosen to work in the field of mental health because they care and want to help others. These professionals chose Harbor as their Employer of Choice, and Harbor is the Provider of Choice in Lucas County and surrounding areas for people with mental illness or behavioral problems or situations. Because of our good reputation in the community, more people that need mental health services trust Harbor to help them and their families.
The Harbor team believes that individuals with mental illness deserve the highest quality care. To achieve such, we work together to provide effective and culturally appropriate mental health services and supports to all customers.
Harbor’s Quality Improvement Department staff work with other departments to ensure that we continuously provide high quality client care. It is of high importance that all employees and students receive continuous education and are knowledgeable of current evidence base practices that will increase the likelihood of desired mental health outcomes.
To provide high quality client care and to continuously improve care means that we go the extra mile to:
- Preserve the dignity of people with mental illness
- Protect client rights to privacy and confidentiality
- Help clients and family members understand the mental disorder and help the client cope with the disorder
- Ensure that clients are knowledgeable of their rights and responsibilities
- Achieve client satisfaction
- Ensure that services are provided in a friendly and safe environment
- Provide accepted and relevant clinical and non-clinical care aimed at reducing the impact of the mental disorder and improving day to day functioning and quality of life
The Vice President of Quality Improvement provides leadership for the organization to ensure integration of all necessary components of high quality care and continuous quality improvement. These components include:
- Compliance with national healthcare standards/Accreditation by the Commission on Accreditation of Rehabilitation Facilities (CARF).
- Compliance with Medicaid compliance standards/Certification by the Ohio Department of Mental Health
- Compliance with Federal and State Laws on Privacy and Confidentiality
- Staff Awareness/Training on Health and Safety/OSHA compliance standards
- Client Awareness of their Rights, Responsibilities and Harbor’s Grievance Procedures
Clients are encouraged to take an active role in their mental health treatment by being informed, asking questions and following his/her individualized treatment plan. Clients are also encouraged to let us know if there are concerns about service or treatment. Please inform a Harbor staff member of the concern or problem and it will be looked into right away. To file a complaint, you are advised to contact Harbor’s Client Rights Advocate. You can do so by completing this client complaint form and attaching it in an email, sending it to
. If you choose not to fill out the form you can always just send the email.