As a Harbor intern you will gain valuable experience in a challenging environment. We are committed to investing our resources in you. For internship and practicum inquires, contact
Job Shadow/Volunteer Application
During practicum/internship, you’ll receive ongoing training of counseling skills, legal and ethical issues, and more though supervision with an LPCC-S. You will also provide diagnostic assessments, diagnose and treat mental and emotional disorders under supervision, and provide individual, family, and group counseling all in an office-based setting. Internship dates start year-round.
- Enrollment in a graduate-level counseling program and approved by that program to start your practicum and/or internship.
- Ability to be granted the “CT” status by the state of Ohio.
During internship, you will have the opportunity to help with counseling or psychoeducational groups. There are also opportunities to learn more about the testing measures that the psychology team frequently uses as well as learning to score these measures. Interns are often welcome to attend team meetings.
- Enrollment in a college/university and declaration of Psychology major or minor.
- Undergrad Level: At least a junior status
- Graduate Level: Needs prior approval by program to start practicum/internship
As a nurse extern you will gain valuable clinical experience in a rapidly growing and diverse patient population. Your experience at Harbor will provide you with the necessary clinical exposure to gain confidence in the nursing field along with strengthening your critical thinking, professional acumen, and time management skills.
- Candidates must be current Nursing students enrolled in a Bachelor's program or higher.
- Current CPR Certification through the American Heart Association
This field placement will provide you with an opportunity to both learn and develop skills as a clinical social worker. Students perform diagnostic assessments and conduct individual and group counseling sessions while receiving individual supervision from an LISW-S. Students also participate in weekly group supervision. Advanced training opportunities are available as well.
- Enrollment in a graduate-level social work program and approved by that program to start your practicum and/or internship
- Ability to be granted “SWT“ status by the state of Ohio