As we remain focused on the rising concerns surrounding the coronavirus, I would like to stress that Harbor and Lighthouse are doing everything possible to ensure the safety and well-being of our staff and patients. We continue to follow the guidance of federal, state and local agencies, including the CDC and other healthcare organizations.
We are leading providers of mental health and substance use treatment services and are here for our patients and communities when they need us the most. We are keeping our doors open with openhearted hospitality. We believe that everyone deserves to have access to services that will help them recover, whether it be from physical sickness, mental health or substance use issues- especially in these times of uncertainty.
That’s why we are implementing a plan to provide therapy and medical services via telehealth, from the comfort of the patients own home. We will continue to be a resource for our patients and provide help when they need it the most.
Here are steps we are taking to ensure the health and safety of our patients and employees:
In our mental health and substance use treatment facilities
- Cleaning commonly used areas more often, including frequently used objects and surfaces
- Providing hand sanitizer at the front desks or on the wall for in-person appointments
- Providing masks for patients or staff who show symptoms of illness (masks arriving any day)
For our clients
- Encouraging patients showing symptoms of illness to wear a mask (masks arriving any day)
- Encouraging patients to practice good hygiene habits to reduce the spread of the virus
- Providing a tele option for clients to be able to keep appointments, even if sick
For our employees
- Encouraging employees to closely monitor their health and well-being
- Asking employees to stay home if they, or someone in their home, is sick
- Providing cleaning supplies and hand sanitizer at front desks or on the wall at each facility
- Encouraging employees to practice good hygiene habits to reduce the spread of the virus
In everything we do, we are guided by our values and our mission: to improve the health and well-being of individuals and families by providing the highest quality compassionate care possible. We strive to make decisions that balance the safety of our employees with our commitment to our customers and communities.