Career Connections is a unique program designed to assist individuals with career assessment, job seeking and interview skills training and job coaching for successful employment placement based on individual strengths and interests.
The Career Connections program is for individuals with disabilities, adolescents and adults who need career services and are referred to us by Opportunities for Ohioans with Disabilities, organizations that work with injured workers (Ohio BWC), or other referral sources.
The staff at Career Connections believes that improving quality of life includes finding a good job that matches an individuals skills and interests.
- Career Assessment - Explore your interests, skills, values, and preferences.
- Job Seeking & Interviewing Skills Training - Assess your career goals, become a better interviewer, and build and effective resume.
- Job Placement - Career Connections has relationships with over 1,200 businesses and access to a variety of job leads.
- Job Coaching - Our staff helps you become acclimated to your new job to ensure job retention.
- Work Incentive Planning- Information on your SSI/DI, Medicaid and other government entitlements being received for budgeting and work planning.
- Vocational Support Specialist - Works one-on-one with clients to develop job search skills in conjunction with symptom management to increase success in the workplace.
- Community Based Assessment- Opportunity to receive hands on experience performing a job to determine fit and career exploration.
How to Get Started
If you are ready to look for your first job, make a career change, or just want to get back into the job market, choose Harbor Career Connections when asked at Opportunities for Ohioans with Disabilities.
Serving Several Counties in Northwest Ohio
Services are available to Lucas, Wood, Hamilton, Defiance, Fulton, Henry, Van Wert, Paulding, Putnam, Hancock, Williams, Ottawa, Lorain, and Lake counties in Ohio.
Job Placement Results as of September 2021: click here
13th Street Location
1946 North 13th Street
Toledo, Ohio, 43604
101 Clinton Street
Defiance, Ohio, 43512
Woodley Road Location
3909 Woodley Road
Toledo, Ohio, 43606
42495 North Ridge Road
Elyria, Ohio, 44035
1 Victoria Place
Painesville, Ohio, 44077
4903 Vine Street
Cincinnati, Ohio, 45217
Lucas County Comprehensive Case Management and Employment Program (CCMEP)Adults Teens
Connecting young adults ages 14-24 to education and employment. Program is open to low-income individuals who meet eligibility criteria.Learn More
Work Experience Program (WEP)Adults
Ensures that participants become familiar with workplace expectations and exhibit work behavior and attitudes necessary to compete successfully in the labor market.Learn More
Individual Placement Support (IPS)Adults Teens
Program for those who may need more support and see work as an important part of recovery.Learn More
Summer Youth Services - Career ConnectionsTeens
Five-week summer youth services for eligible youth, ages 16-24 who are referred by Opportunity for Ohioans with Disabilities (OOD).Learn More