It is important to monitor any medication you may be prescribed. Harbor staff will help you manage your medications.
- Be sure the medication you were prescribed is taken exactly as prescribed.
- Keep all medication out of the reach of children.
- Do not give your prescription medications to others.
- Pay special attention to the instructions for your particular medications, such as whether to take with food, if you should take special precautions in the sunlight, etc.
- Do not take any prescription medications that are not prescribed to you by your provider.
- Do not cut, crush, open, or alter medications in any way unless directed to do so by your provider.
- Do not abruptly stop taking medications without notifying the medical staff. If you'd like to stop taking your medication, talk to your prescribing physician so it can be done slowly and properly.
- Do not mix alcohol or other street drugs with your medication.
- Report any side effects to your medical team.
- Keep all appointments so medications do not run out. Prescriptions may not be given without being seen in the department. Contact your medical staff within at least 5 days of running out of medication.
- Taking medications around the same time each day or using a pill reminder may decrease chances of missing doses. Missing a dose can interfere with your medication's effectiveness and your symptoms may return.
- Make sure that at every appointment, you let the medical staff know of any changes in your medications, herbs and supplements, including those provided by providers not at Harbor.
- If medical tests and/or lab work is prescribed by your provider, please obtain all medical testing before your next scheduled visit.
Even though you will receive information about medications you might be prescribed, feel free to call our nurses at any time if you have questions. To reach a nurse, please call the site where you attend your appointments.
Many prescriptions cannot be phoned in to a pharmacy. We require 5 days notice for refills. For medication refills, please contact the Access Center at 419-475-4449.
Woodley Road Location
3909 Woodley Road
Toledo, Ohio, 43606
Port Sylvania Drive Location
7140 Port Sylvania Drive
Toledo, Ohio, 43617
22nd Street Location
123 North 22nd Street
Toledo, Ohio, 43604
Commerce Drive Location
800 Commerce Drive
Perrysburg, Ohio, 43551
North Prospect Street Location
1010 North Prospect Street
Bowling Green, Ohio, 43402
101 Clinton Street
Defiance, Ohio, 43512
Prescription RefillsAdults Teens Children Seniors
Need a prescription refill? Call your pharmacy first. If no refills are available at your pharmacy, call 419.475.4449. We require 5 days notice for all medication refills.Learn More