Individualized employment services and support to help people with disabilities explore careers and become gainfully employed.
Career Connections is a unique program designed to assist people in improving the quality of their lives by helping them obtain and maintain employment that suits their individual skills and interests. We serve individuals with disabilities, adolescents and adults who need career services and are referred to us by Opportunities for Ohioans with Disabilities (OOD), organizations that work with injured workers, and other referral sources.
Services provided include:
- Career Assessment: We will help you explore your interests, skills, values, and preferences.
- Job Seeking & Interviewing Skills Training: Help assess your career goals, become a better interviewer, and build an effective resume.
- Job Placement: Career Connections has relationships with over 1,200 businesses and access to a variety of job leads.
- Job Coaching: Our staff helps you become acclimated to your new job to ensure job retention.
- Vocational Evaluation: Provides personal assessments and aptitude testing to help identify employment goals.
- Work Incentives Program: Offers individualized financial assessment on how employment will affect government benefits.
- Vocational Support Specialist: Works one-on-one with clients to develop job search skills in conjunction with symptom management to increase success in the workplace.
- Summer Youth Employment Program: Eligible youth ages 16-24 gain valuable work experience and job coaching to prepare them for the workforce.
Services are available to Lucas, Wood, Defiance, Fulton, Henry, Van Wert, Paulding, Putnam, Hancock, Williams, Ottawa and Hamilton counties in Ohio.