Individualized employment services and support to help people with disabilities explore careers and become gainfully employed.
Career Connections is a unique program designed to assist people age 14+ in improving the quality of their lives by helping them obtain and maintain employment that suits their individual skills and interests. We serve individuals with disabilities, adolescents and adults who need career services and are referred to us by Opportunities for Ohioans with Disabilities (OOD).
Services provided include:
- Career Assessment: We will help you explore your interests, skills, values, and preferences.
- Job Seeking & Interviewing Skills Training: Help assess your career goals, become a better interviewer, and build an effective resume.
- Job Placement: Career Connections has relationships with over 1,200 businesses and access to a variety of job leads.
- Job Coaching: Our staff helps you become acclimated to your new job to ensure job retention.
- Vocational Evaluation: Provides personal assessments and aptitude testing to help identify employment goals.
- Work Incentives Program: Offers individualized financial assessment on how employment will affect government benefits.
- Vocational Support Specialist: Works one-on-one with clients to develop job search skills in conjunction with symptom management to increase success in the workplace.
- Summer Youth Employment Program: Eligible youth ages 16-24 gain valuable work experience and job coaching to prepare them for the workforce. For more information, click here.
Services are available to Lucas, Wood, Defiance, Fulton, Henry, Van Wert, Paulding, Putnam, Hancock, Williams, Ottawa and Hamilton counties in Ohio.
Job Placement Results as of September 2021: click here.
Woodley Road Location
3909 Woodley Road
Toledo, Ohio, 43606
101 Clinton Street
Defiance, Ohio, 43512
Vocational Rehabilitation and Career ServicesAdults Teens Seniors
Harbor has a wide range of vocational programs that assist individuals age 14+ with career assessment, job seeking and interview skills training, and job coaching for successful employment placement based on individual strengths and interests.Learn More